Saturday, January 2, 2016

Saint of the Year: 2016

St. Kateri, pray for us!

For the past two years (2014 and 2015), I have used Jennifer Fulweiler's random saint generator to ask for a specific saint to intercede for me for the year. This year, Kateri Tekakwitha chose me! When I was younger, I adopted her as my name saint (Katlyn... Kateri... close enough?), but have seldom thought of her since those days. So... I'm excited to rekindle this relationship :)

I looked up her biography, and was reminded that she was canonized during my first semester at college, so her patronage for my final year of college is especially fitting. I also found out that she is the patroness of the environment, which, to be honest, I'm pretty ignorant of. Maybe this is God's way of pushing me to finally read "Laudato Si"? :)

Read more about St. Kateri here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind! If it's not kind or charitable, it will be deleted.