Sunday, February 1, 2015

Saint of the Year: 2015

St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi, Pray for Us!
For the second year in a row, I used Jennifer Fulweiler's saint generator to ask God to choose a saint who would intercede for me for 2015.

After praying that God would choose a saint whom I would connect to and would lead me closer to Him, I got St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi. I had never heard about her before this, but when reading her biography, the thing that struck me most about her life was the period of temptation and spiritual dryness. Despite this, she fought through this dark period and remained close to God. You can read more about this beautiful saint here!

Saint Mary Magdalene de Pazzi, pray that we will make a commitment to seek the presence of God in prayer the way you did. Guide us to see the graces God gives us as gifts not rewards and to respond with gratitude and humility, not pride and selfishness. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind! If it's not kind or charitable, it will be deleted.