Monday, February 2, 2015

Patron Saint of the Spring Semester

St. Mary Magdalene, Pray for Us!

Like last semester, I used Jennifer Fulweiler's Saint Generator to ask for the intercession of a saint as I embark on my last semester as a junior. I got a saint I know, and have always felt was a kindred spirit: St. Mary Magdalene! (The funny part is that my patron saint for 2015 is St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi, who is named after St. Mary Magdalene... She's a creepin' on me.)

St. Mary Magdalene was considered to be a great sinner, and felt no remorse for her lifestyle... until she met Jesus. She wept when she saw Him, and washed His feet with her tears and hair. Despite her sins, Jesus loved her, and she Him. She stood vigil at the foot of the cross with The Blessed Mother, and was the first person Jesus revealed Himself to after His resurrection. You can read more about this beautiful woman here.

Saint Mary Magdalene, woman of many sins, who by conversion became the beloved of Jesus, thank you for your witness that Jesus forgives through the miracle of love. You, who already possess eternal happiness in His glorious presence, please intercede for me, so that some day I may share in the same everlasting joy. Amen.


please intercede for me, so that some day
I may share in the same everlasting joy.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind! If it's not kind or charitable, it will be deleted.