Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Give Me Your Eyes.



A while ago, this video was circulating on Facebook:


I watched it, and I sobbed, because frankly, it's really stinkin' beautiful.

But the more I thought about it, the more beautiful it became.

How often are we blind to our own goodness and positive qualities? How common is it for us to focus on the mistakes we made, and become unable to see anything else besides the bad? What about your loved ones? Just because we can't see them doesn't mean they're not there: they are.

As I watched this video, I couldn't help but think that we are all called to be like Mr. Ramsay is in this video: to love, to encourage, to give hope, to affirm.

Even people it's really, really, reeeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyy hard to be kind to them.

There are several people in my life who I have the most difficult time being kind to. Everything always just seems to rub me the wrong way, and I'm short and impatient with them.

But... God calls me to love them. Because even though they are annoying as all heck, they are still beloved, irreplaceable children of God.

Lord, give me your eyes. Help me to be able to love like you love, with my entire heart, and by seeing goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind! If it's not kind or charitable, it will be deleted.