Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Letter Project



Last weekend, I was feeling incredibly sad. No, not sad. I was desolate. I was in my bed, just sobbing, and it felt like all of my limbs had fallen asleep. I wanted my brain to turn off, but everything that was upsetting me just kept replaying in my mind, and I kept falling further and further as my internal voice taunted me, telling me I didn't deserve love.

But the thing is, I know I'm worthy of love, and more than that, I know I am loved! So, when I began to feel better, I called upon the people I knew loved me and asked them to do me a favor.

I asked them to write me a letter and mail it to me. My plan is to put these letters, unopened, somewhere safe. Then, whenever I feel the way I felt last weekend, I can pull out a letter and read words of love and friendship from someone I know loves me.

I've already gotten three letters, and I haven't opened one yet. That's great, but also, I really want to read what's in them.

Know that you are so, so loved. I know that you have people in your life who would do something similar in a heartbeat, or even quicker. Those who love you want you to know their love. If you feel like this letter project is something that could help you, I urge you to reach out to your loved ones, and I know that they will respond.

1 comment:

  1. I love the letter idea. What a wonderful thought. So sorry you have been so sad. Praying for you and hoping you feel surrounded in prayer and love.

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind! If it's not kind or charitable, it will be deleted.