Thursday, September 4, 2014

Searching for Augustine

Last week, it was the feast of St. Monica. During the day, a family friend posted the link to this video on Facebook. I thought it was nice and everything, and went on with my day.

That night, I went to daily mass on campus, and the chaplain preached about Saint Monica and how her persevering prayer was responsible for the conversion of her son, Augustine.

Sound familiar? It did to me. Especially since I had recently decided to give up praying for a special intention, because nothing seemed to be happening.

In our lives, we all have "Augustines", people we pray for, but who don't seem to change, or who God doesn't seem to answer any prayers about. I know I have. And I know I've almost given up on them. Thank God that Monica, because of her maternal love, didn't give up on Augustine!

We are all called to be like Saint Monica, to pray and trust, even when God seems to be too busy doing something else. Find your Augustine, and pray like a Monica. God prevails.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind! If it's not kind or charitable, it will be deleted.