Tuesday, August 26, 2014

We Are Book 8

A few weeks ago was the seventh anniversary of the release of the final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It's so weird to think I'm old enough that seven years ago, I felt like my childhood ended and a beautiful door was being closed forever.

I saw a shirt on the anniversary with the words "We are Book 8". At first I was confused. How are we, the fans, a continuation of the Harry Potter books? Then, I understood.



 

 

 

 

 

 

Harry Potter teaches the importance of love, friendship, bravery, and selflessness, among many other precious and priceless lessons.

It isn't just the characters who learn these lessons, but the readers as well. It is up to us, the Harry Potter generation, to continue the lessons that we were once taught to us by an orphaned boy who lived under a staircase.

May we live the values and qualities that would encapsulate book 8, if JK Rowling ever graced us with it. :)

1 comment:

  1. The "We Are Book 8" is a very clever idea. We ARE indeed book 8.

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind! If it's not kind or charitable, it will be deleted.