Saturday, November 16, 2013

I Need a Miracle

Image


I’ve been praying for a specific miracle for a year now. I’ve seen no sign of the miracle I’ve been begging for, in fact, things seem to be getting worse.

As I talked to the person whom I’ve been praying for, my heart sunk with the realization that I probably wasn’t going to get my miracle. I decided to give up. I wasn’t getting my miracle.


For some reason, I felt this joy in my heart that kept me holding out for the miracle. I was actually at the aquarium when this happened, and I remember looking up at the


 ceiling, with a smile as God spoke to me in a crowd.

When Lazarus’ sisters asked for Jesus, they asked for Him to come HEAL their brother. Jesus, however, had other plans, and instead rose Lazarus from the dead. Just because it’s not the miracle you want doesn’t mean it’s not a miracle. I might not get the miracle I’ve been praying for, but I have complete trust that I will get a miracle.

Never stop holding out for a miracle. God will provide a miracle, just be prepared for it to be totally different from the one you wanted. Lazarus was supposed to be healed, but instead he was raised from the dead.
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit ."

Psalm 34:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind! If it's not kind or charitable, it will be deleted.