Tuesday, August 27, 2013

God weeds out the good to put in the better.

Yesterday, I was wondering why fate would have it that some people who were so important in my life last year were no longer part of it. I knew that God had a plan, and that it was best that they weren't in my life, but I wanted to know why it hurt.

That's when it hit me.

This summer I gardened. I sucked at it, but I planted sunflowers, daisies, tomatoes, peppers, basil, mint and much more. I remembered when I was getting the ground ready: how I had to dig and pull out rocks and weeds and all sorts of nasty stuff before I could put the seeds in. 

That's what God did to me. He pulled out the weeds, and it hurt, but now he's sowing the seeds, and something beautiful will grow from it.

1 comment:

Please be kind! If it's not kind or charitable, it will be deleted.